Dr. Bowersox and the dental care team in our Westminster family dental office place patient safety and infection control at the highest priority. Our office has always followed all recommended guidelines and required practices for infection control in a medical facility. We have augmented these measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and made some changes to your patient experience.
We ask that if you are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus that you call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you have recently traveled please wait at least 14 days after returning to visit our office. These rules will remain in place until it is no longer a recommendation of the CDC or any local governing bodies and are designed to protect all patients and staff.
COVID-19 Office Protocols: what to expect
Our goal is to provide the standard of dental care that our patients expect in a safe environment that prevents the spread of germs. From the front desk to our operatories, we have instituted changes that support social distancing and the mitigation of aerosols. Changes include:
- Health questionnaire: patients will complete a brief health questionnaire upon arrival to screen for COVID exposure.
- Digital temperature taking: we will check your temperature using a digital thermometer.
- Masks and hand sanitizer: anyone entering or moving about the office is required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth. We will have masks and hand sanitizer available in our office.
- PPE: all team members will wear appropriate PPE at all times.
- Air quality control: our office uses medical-grade HEPA filtration to remove pathogens from air circulating in the office.
Questions or concerns?
We understand that the current pandemic can make a visit to any place outside of your home a stressful event. Please feel free to contact our office if you have questions or concerns about your visit. We will make accommodations when possible and answer your questions to alleviate fears. Your dental health plays an important role in the maintenance of overall wellness. Our team is here for you and capable of meeting your oral health needs in a safe manner.