As a family and general dentist in Westminster, MD, it’s important to us that we provide you with high-quality preventative dental care. This includes teeth cleanings, exams, and oral cancer screenings. In addition to these dental services, we are also ready to handle the unique needs that your smile may bring to our office.
That’s why we have expanded our general dentistry services to include a variety of other services like emergency dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and so much more. You can rest assured that when you enter our dental office, we will have a dental solution for any concern you have because of our comprehensive general dentistry services.
The Importance of Preventive Dental Care
General dentistry plays a crucial role in your overall health. When you take good care of your teeth, gums, and jaw, you are helping to promote overall health. Preventive dental care should be an important part of your life for several reasons:
- Helps preserve your teeth and gums: During routine dentist appointments, we will clean your teeth to help prevent common dental diseases such as tooth decay and gum disease.
- Your dentist can spot and treat dental problems: The purpose of a dental exam is to allow your dentist to look for various dental problems. This includes, for example, tooth decay or an unstable bite. Early treatment is more conservative, affordable, and easier on the patient.
- Helps you maintain your oral health: General dental treatments, such as dental fillings, allow your dentist to fix minor tooth damage before it progresses. Restoring your teeth so they can function properly will help you maintain a normal life.
- Patient education: Dentists spend a lot of time teaching their patients the proper ways to care for their teeth and gums. Dr. Bowersox teaches each patient proper oral hygiene practices so they can maintain good oral health.
- Maintain good overall health: An unhealthy smile will eventually affect your overall health. Patients with poor oral health are at a higher risk for diabetes, stroke, heart disease, and more.
General Dentistry in Westminster, MD
Our office welcomes patients of all ages. We are a small staff, prepared to offer each of our patients a personalized treatment plan to meet their needs. No one waits around in our waiting rooms.
If you are scheduled for an appointment, you walk right in and sit in our dental chairs at your scheduled time. Dr. Bowersox will see to it himself that you are seen promptly and that you leave our office fully informed about any follow-up treatments you may need. Our comprehensive general dentistry services include:
We utilize custom mouthguards to treat patients who play impact sports, suffer from sleep apnea, or grind their teeth at night. Creating a custom mouth guard is a simple process that should only take a few visits. A sports mouthguard from a dentist office is better than any store bought one since it will fit perfectly and is made from quality materials. An oral appliance for sleep apnea is a less invasive alternative to the CPAP machine. People who grind their teeth a night will benefit from a night guard to protect their teeth from damage.
The NTI-Tss Plus® and NTI OmniSplint® are oral devices we recommend for patients who experience frequent headaches and migraines. OmniSplint devices completely cover the upper and lower teeth, while the NTI-Tss Plus covers several teeth in the front of the mouth.
People can experienc a dental emergency like a knocked-out tooth or unexplained tooth pain at any time. For this reason, we want our patients to call us right away. We will make every attempt to see to it that you are treated as soon as possible. This will give you the best chance at saving your tooth and relieving the pain you may be in.
Your entire family is welcome at our practice. Our comprehensive family dentistry services allow us to be prepared for patients at all stages of their dental health journey. Whether you are bringing in a child for their first dental appointment or an elderly parent who needs a full set of dentures, Dr. Bowersox is here to help. Our families the love the convenience of bringing everyone in at the same time for dental appointments instead of making several trips to different offices.
Patients suffering from an overcrowded mouth, an infected tooth, or wisdom tooth eruption may require tooth extraction services. If this is the case for you, Dr. Bowersox can help you safely remove problematic teeth from your smile. The procedure is simple and can be completed in a single visit to our office. If it is necessary to replace the tooth after extraction, we will discuss your options with you.
If you are searching for a new dentist in Westminster, MD, we are accepting new patients. Dr. Bowersox is a trusted dentist that welcomes patients of all ages to his friendly dentist office. Contact us at 410-642-5634, or you can also schedule a dental consultation anytime on our website.